Thursday, May 29, 2014

Let the Fun Begin...with the MVP 2.0!

If you managed to catch yesterday's post, you were left wondering about my "new best friend." Well, I decided not to keep you in the dark any longer, and even introduced you to my new bestie right in the title of this post.

The MVP 2.0!

First of all, let me say that this purchase was not made on a whim. Oh, no. I poured and I poured over reviews of all kinds. I researched, and I considered plenty of other alternatives that were both cost-effective and easy to maintain. I just kept on coming back to the MVP 2.0.

I find it interesting that when I first started vaping (you know...way back in the day), I couldn't imagine myself using anything but a cig-a-like. I was convinced that cig-a-likes were "where it's at," and there was no way I could be satisfied with anything that didn't look like an analog. I'm so happy to admit that I was wrong!

Of course, once I upgraded to the eGo T, I thought that I would be perfectly happy vaping on that for years to come. Oh, they told me that the batteries don't last forever, and that I'd need to buy new ones every so often. I was fine with that. After all, the batteries weren't that expensive. What I didn't realize was how "fiddly" the eGo T would be. I didn't mind fiddling so much; actually it was kind of fun. I remember thinking to myself a few times, "I wonder if I would have liked rolling my own smokes?" Even so, I felt a deep desire for more vapor, and a way to change the taste of my juice, albeit ever so slightly.

After much debate, I decided to pull the trigger.

I actually bought my MVP 2.0 from an eBay store. I had heard others saying they purchased mods on eBay, so I thought, "Why not?"

What's a mod? A mod actually gets its name from when they used to modify flashlights and metal pipes into electronic cigarettes. I'm sure some people still do that, but it's a nickname that's carried over to the devices that use variable voltage and/or variable wattage options.

Here is a picture of my MVP 2.0:


That delightful topper you see there is actually an iClear 30, which is what this particular mod came with. It is quite impressive. 

If you're considering getting an MVP 2.0 yourself, you've probably read a lot of information going over the pros and the cons of these particular mods. Things like:
  • There's a weird rattling noise I can't figure out
  • The button is too hard to push down
  • The battery life is INSANE

Let me set a few things straight. First of all, they must have fixed both the rattling issue and the button issue. Mine is silent as the day is long, and the button is an easy press. I was a little worried that I would have some difficulty pressing the button (especially since I write for a living, and my fingers are always flying around a keyboard). However, this was a non-issue. I'm two and a half weeks in with this bad boy, and I have had no problems whatsoever. 

As far as battery life goes, it truly is insane. First of all, it had a good charge on it right out of the box. I vaped it for about 24 hours (counting in about 8 hours of sleep time), and then I put it on the charger. In half an hour it was ready to go. 

Impressive!

I can get it to go about two full days on a single charge before the light behind the button turns to yellow. This morning I put it on the charger because it had been almost two days and I didn't want to be caught without it today. It was finished charging in about an hour and a half. This thing is a workhorse, to say the least.

Another thing I was a little concerned about was the fact that the MVP 2.0 is, indeed, a box mod. I didn't think that I would like something that was box-shaped. I thought it would be too bulky for me, and that I would have a hard time holding it because of that. It turns out this was also a non-issue. I don't have big hands, and it fits perfectly in them. I think the fire button is in the perfect spot to hit it with your thumb, and the beauty ring it comes with makes it have a really sleek look. 

You know, I'm trying and trying to find something wrong with the MVP 2.0 and I just can't. If I absolutely had to pick something I'd change, I would say the device is a little bit heavy. I was pretty surprised when I took it out of the box for the first time. However, it wasn't long before I got used to the weight of it, and now it doesn't bother me at all. More than anything I think it attests to really good craftsmanship.

If you look hard enough, you can find the MVP 2.0 online for around $40. Some places even include free shipping. That's a steal for such an awesome device. It's actually even less than I paid for my eGo T starter kit at the local B & M. 

I give the MVP 2.0 a BIG two thumbs up! If you're wondering whether or not they're worth it...I say, GET ONE NOW! 


No comments:

Post a Comment